How to survive a Security Audit of your MS infrastructure
The security and governance requirements for enterprise IT are constantly increasing. New security threats are discovered frequently, and there is additional pressure on IT management to increase legislative and governance compliance. To measure the compliance of IT, organizations periodically run internal or external IT audits. Staying ahead of the requirements and passing these audits takes significant time and causes a lot of stress for IT decision makers. Inobits Consulting and NetIQ want to show you some of the technology and process solutions that we can offer to improve the security and governance compliance for private and public sector organizations. Let us show you how you can improve your IT to pass those audits with less blood sweat or tears.
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
|08h30 – 09h00:
|09h00 – 09h30:
|09h30 – 10h30:
|| Microsoft – Securing devices
- What are common security issues affecting servers, workstations, notebooks and mobile devices, and what can you do to protect yourself?
- Microsoft technologies covered in this session will include Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows Intune, BitLocker, IPsec, System Center Advisor, the Enterprise Mobility Suite, the Server Configuration Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Azure Rights Management Service and others.
|10h30 – 10h50:
|10h50 – 12h00:
||Microsoft – Securing identity and data
- What are common issues impacting the security and privacy of user identities stored in Active Directory and other data stores? What techniques and tools can you use to protect your identity information, improve compliance with governance requirements and reduce effort.
- Microsoft technologies covered in this session will include Active Directory, Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), the Enterprise Mobility Suite, Azure Active Directory and O365
|13h00 – 14h15:
- Managing Active Directory just got easier. Grant “just enough” authority to reduce risks.
Do too many people have full rights to Active Directory? Is restricting their authority time-consuming and complicated? Are you at risk? NetIQ Solutions easily delegates proper administrative powers in Active Directory without granting unnecessary access!
- Powerful group policies. Simplified. Harness the power of group policy without the risk of administration errors.
NetIQ has a centralized management tool that allows you to edit, test, review and compare GPO changes before implementing them in your live environment. This helps you safely implement and alter Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPOs) in your Active Directory environment.
|14h15 – 14h35:
|14h35 – 15h35:
- Stop insider and targeted attacks with privileged-user activity monitoring
Cloud, bring-your-own device (BYOD), and other business-enabling technologies are here to stay. With even more complexity in your IT environment, how can you truly know what your privileged users are doing? NetIQ gives you the security intelligence you need to rapidly identify and respond to privileged user activities that could signal a data breach or result in compliance gaps.
|15h35 – 16h00:
||Wednesday, 12 November 2014
||09h00 – 16h00
||Click here to RSVP
||Emoya Luxury Hotel & Spa Frans Kleynhans Rd, Bloemfontein, 9301
29° 03′ 51.68 S 26° 10′ 04.58 E